Here are the case of global projects conducted by EIPGRID. We’ve picked some of the representative case studies to show powerful & competitive-edge and technology.
MALAYSIA - Tenaga Nasional Berhad
Business Application : Demand Response, Virtual Power Plant(VPP)
- Background & Objective
In order to develop ‘ESS based VPP(Virtual Power Plant) Business models and Financial model’ in Malaysia, we have been cooperating & co-investing with TNBR(TNB Research Sdn. Bhd.) which has been the in-house solution provider for Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) since 1993.Through this collaboration with TNBR, we have offered EIP(VPP Platform), HW(ESS:Battery + PCS/PMS), VPP Business Models and Financial Models.
The following are the objectives of this project.
- Developing & customizing Malaysia electricity market oriented VPP platform and do EPCC ESS(Energy Storage System, 4MWh) on demonstration sites
- Developing & verify VPP business models and financial models based on VPP Platform
- Proposing VPP related policy & regulation aligning with VPP business models and financial models
- Operating ESS resources on client sites
- Interfacing with GSO(Grid System Operator) systems to utilize VPP resources
- Result (On-going)
- Delivered VPP business models and financial models
- Delivered VPP Platform to manage DERs based on VPP business models and financial models
- Delivered OpenADR2.0 and TASE.2 based protocol converter(HW/SW)
- Delivered multi protocol converter(client box)
- Delivered ESS operating safety guide
<VPP Platform Concept>
<VPP Business Model & Financial Model>